30 October, 2008

Forgve Me

I know that that last entry about Deauville could have been a lot better. I had a really nice time, and I was so beyond happy that S and M remembered me during this lonely vacances.

But I am finding it hard to blog about my humble travels when shit like this is going down.

Yes, if you read the article, you saw that the USA has invaded Syria and Pakistan. Since I’m in France, I don’t know what kind of coverage this is getting on the news in the US. I don’t know if people are outraged about it. I don’t know if people are talking about it outside the internet. I haven’t seen anything about it on the news, but hey, I’m in France. I don’t understand why this happened, but I do understand that it’s pretty clear what it means for the USA. Our country, so focused on freeing the world from terrorism, has become the terrorist. Sigh.

I don’t have that much internet access to get into deep-research mode, but I found some decent conversation about it here (a discussion forum), here (from Progressive Magazine and here (article from the Huffington Post..

3 comments:

Rachel B said...

It's getting covered, but not nearly as much as it should be. Even Rachel Maddow (a person that I absolutely adore) only gave it a brief mention on her show the other night.

I mean, really. WTF, people?

Maureen said...

My comment is lighthearted compared to Rach's, but I just wanted to say it's funny that you abbreviated two names as "S and M." heehee Thanks for the giggle. And PS: check my blog...we're adopting Moo Cat!

ash said...

Rach, thanks for the update. I also adore Rachel Maddow - I wonder why brief mention then? That seems out of norm for her.

Mo - Congrats on Moo Cat! I am sooo happy for you. I didn't know if crossed fingers would reach you from France, but I guess they did!