31 October, 2008

another reason to be nervous about election day

Thanks for the tip D.

"West Virginia Voting Machines Prefer McCain

This is the second West Virginia county where voters have reported this problem. Last week, three voters in Jackson County told The Charleston Gazette their electronic vote for "Barack Obama" kept flipping to "John McCain".

In both counties, Republicans are responsible for overseeing elections. Both county clerks said the problem is isolated.
"

Surprise, surprise, it seems that I can't find a major news outlet covering this. Hopefully something soon.

And I was worried about my vote not counting because I'm overseas. I'm not too worried about it anymore, considering I got my ballot and sent it out priority mail, and I live in Jersey.

Election day is close, and I'm feeling very uneasy. Rachel explained why in a fantastic post that, I'll admit, made me a little teary-eyed.

There's a lot of uncertainty right now about this election. The last thing we need is for machines to glitch and switch votes.

I won't be online again until election day. At this point, I just want it to be over. And I hope someone calls me right away to tell me who won.

No comments: