22 October, 2008

Best. Week(end). Ever!

Best Week(end) Ever, Intro

There are not words to describe just how awesome last weekend was. I went to Caen (the city next to Lisieux) with one of the English teachers, C. Between Thursday night and Sunday night, we did so many awesome things. I figured you wouldn’t want to read an 11-page blog entry, so I have separated the stories, as if I were blogging about them just as they happened. If you want to skip to a separate story, click on one of these links.

Thursday - Pizza Français

Friday – Lang Orientation

Friday Night – Of wine and crepes

Saturday - D-Day Beaches and Bayeux

Sunday - Chateau de Guillome (that’s Castle of William, as in William the Conqueror)

McDo’s

“Home”

Otherwise, feel free to read all about my weekend in the entries that follow. They should appear in chronological order, from the beginning of the weekend until the end. I know it was only four nights, but I think I may have learned more about France (and myself) during them than I had the whole month I had been here previously. Enjoy!

Win of the weekend: I got out of paying for my Lisieux-Caen and Caen-Lisieux transits just for being a clueless traveler.
Fail of the weekend: You know how everyone forgets something when they travel? I forgot face wash (which is no big deal) and socks. Imagine. Actually, don’t imagine. The smell of my feet when I got home is something I don’t want anyone to fathom.

No comments: