22 November, 2008

Something I Noticed

Even though the words, language, and accent are totally different, people who answer their phone and talk in the library sound pretty much the same everywhere. Also, I'm pretty sure all high schools smell the same and market vendors are universally pushy. And also universally willing to bargain. I got two comfy-cozy sweaters for five euros today.

In other news, the hot water in my shower lasted for about a minute and three quarters today. I'm used to at least five minutes so I know how to hurry. But this minute and three quarters was exactly enough time to wash my face with my new disencrusting face wash and lather some shampoo into my hair. All the rest I had to do in the cold.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Worst! Now that I'm working, the shower sched goes like this: Downstairs neighbor 1 showers, John showers, I get in shower and after a few minutes downstairs neighbor gets in shower. And yes, our apartments are identical, so there is one central pipe that goes to both our bathrooms...it's rough. One minute my water is comfy, then it's freezing, then it burns my skin off.

Anonymous said...

I can empathize with both of you. I went the whole weekend without hot water. Hubby, who doesn't bother showering on the weekends (unless we go out, which we have less and less money to do) didn't seem to care. I did. I very much did.

t.