22 January, 2012

Detox Day 7: Feeling when I done wrong

Woke up again today before my alarm. It feels nice not to be so tired all the time. The cleanse is going well and I think I have successfully hit all three goals: clean, rest, and balance. And as an extra bonus, in the last few days I've been feeling really in tune with my body. I know how hippie that sounds, but hear me out.

First thing I did wrong: got dehydrated. One of the keys to this detox is drinking tons of water. At least two liters a day, to facilitate digestion and flush the bladder. Friday, being the first day I wasn't at school/in town with my water bottle attached to my hip, I barely drank anything. How I felt it: I had no energy at all yesterday! Was ready to take a rest after the four sets of stairs up to my apartment.

Second thing I did wrong: skimped on whole grains. How I felt it: see exhausted! Friday was the only day I didn't eat very much (bad planning and I was in town without a meal).

Third thing I did wrong: ate at 10pm. How I felt it: Trouble sleeping. Before I started this I was tossing and turning more than usual, and not liking the new pattern. As part of the detox, I don't eat after 7pm, so that my body can focus on resting during the night and not digestion. But last night I was waiting on a friend and didn't get to eat until 10pm, then went to sleep at midnight. Hello weird dreams and waking up at each noise, something that hadn't happened all week.

Fourth thing I did wrong: ate past my hungry limit. My chili was just so damn good I wanted some more. Can you blame me? kidney beans, tomatoes, squash, carrot, onion, pepper, and whole grain brown rice. Yum! I had a second spoon even though I wasn't hungry anymore. How I felt it: maman, j'ai mal au ventre!! (Felt like a kid who ate five bowls of ice cream for dinner)

Yesterday I had my cranky hat on, and said maybe this detox isn't for me because why am I so tired. Today let me be honest with myself: I feel great when I do it right, and I feel loafy when I do something wrong. So I think I'll give it some more time and see what happens when I go all in.

Happy Sunday! Go check out PostSecret!

No comments: