01 December, 2008

When you dream about your armpits

what does that say?

Last night, I had another dream in French. It was a short one, and a bizarre one. I dreamt that my armpit hair was grown in. A lot. And although I clearly hadn't shaved in a loooong time, I chose to wear a tanktop. As I was pointing something out to someone, this old old man noticed my little problem. So he screamed as loud as he could, while pointing at my underarms, "Tu es célibataire! Tu es célibataire!" (You're single! you're single!) I was embarassed and I looked down at the ground.

Well, I don't get embarassed much and I'm pretty candid on my blog. But this dream, for some reason, makes me feel like blushing. So, since I don't know what else to say, here's a funny deodorant ad:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things I thought about your dream - first, the old dude was speaking French, which is good, right? Isn't it a good sign if you dream in another language? The second thing was that perhaps the hair says something about how you view Europeans. I don't know how that might be, but I'm just sayin'...

ash said...

Yeah! I've often heard that dreaming in a foreign language is a sign of fluency. All of the assistants were talking about how much we can't wait to start dreaming in French.

About the view of the Europeans, underarm hair is one of the biggest stereotypes there is. Like most st's, it stems from a long long time ago and doesn't fit at all in the modern French world. But, this weekend I did talk a lot about st's - both ones the French hold on Americans and vice versa. So maybe it's some residual thoughts from that.

I do love dreams!

esk said...

Hilarious! And that was no dream - more like a nightmare! LOL

And kudos to you for dreaming in French - you must be quite fluent in the language.