14 August, 2008

This just in

I just found out that Seth Green is in talks to join the third season of Heroes. This excites me more than you know, but it also disappoints me a little. Aside from the fact that the third season is set to air the day before I leave the States, another reason for my personal down is that I just haven't been able to commit to TV shows the way I used to. If I had it my way I would be caught up on all of my favorite primetime shows, especially Heroes and House. (Read on for the realization that made me change my mind midpost)

Since I moved to Ocean City, there hasn't been a single night when there isn't something better to do between the hours of 8 and 10 than watch a TV show. It's because I have the most awesome roommates, and it is infinitely more satisfying to socialize with them and enjoy their company while I still have it nightly. And since they (mostly) don't watch of the television, hour-long dramas are not something we are going to bond over. And you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way right now. Serialized network television is something that I was able to commit to when I was living at home and opening the airport store five days a week. I had to wake up too early to do anything at night and I was always alone so I would watch Prison Break House. And Heroes was something that I could watch with Kelly, or even better, with the folks at E-03.

So in the time it took me to write this post I have re-evaluated the reason for my disappointment. Since I will be in France, I will likely miss another season of some view-worthy TV. And if I am able to watch it on the interwebs while I'm in France, that will certainly mean I am missing out on some other way to absorb le French culture.

Sigh. I hope there are still good shows on when I settle into whatever life I choose.

No comments: