01 May, 2008

Tonight

I'm going to see Lucille Clifton give a reading in Philly, and I absolutely cannot wait! When I first looked at today's date I was disappointed for two reasons:

1. May 1st means National Poetry Month is no more. I rocked it, though. Thirty poems in my file for the month. Some complete, some completely lacking and undone. I only cheated three times - one haiku, one found poem from Michel Faber's The Courage Consort (how could I not? all the lines were amazing), and one revision from last May. I don't know how I'm going to not write a poem every day.

2. May 1st means today is the anniversary of my brother's death. Which means that my parents are, probably as I write this, visiting his grave. Which also means that, although I wasn't yet a fetus when he died, I still feel mildly guilty for being excited about

a. Lucille Clifton tonight and

b. setting up an appointment to have Mike E Cheese finish my tattoo!

I also cannot wait to see Rachel and Donna tomorrow! It has been far too long and that makes me sad. I know they are small fluctuations but I hope these happy-disappointed-excited-sad mood swings subsist soon. If this turns into all of May, that will not be fun.

1 comment:

Rachel B said...

I. Am. JEALOUS.

Hope the reading was amazing.