06 May, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike Mabes

i haven't seen you
in a lot of years,
and i don't know
what you are doing
since we lost touch.
sometimes i worry
because the last time
i talked to you we were
fifteen and you were using
and had just fallen
off a roof and broken
your leg. and you said
you would come to mays
landing and steal me from
my life, but you never did.
and then you disappeared
from AIM. i loved you
in a teen way, but the someone
else lived in jersey, and in high
school virginia seems a world
away. happy twenty second.
i hope you know i wanted you
to steal me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if Mike had a sister named amanda? She was a good friend and I was tring to find her online when I see you post.

ash said...

I'm sorry I can't say.

ash said...

And even if I did I would't be any help to your search. I'm as lost as you when it come to finding old friends :[

Anonymous said...

Ok, thank you. It probably is the same person though. They lived next to victors liq. store in Mays Landing. I think I may have found her on reunion.com. it says her family members names as mike and her moms name. so I'll let you know k