29 May, 2012

Best Week Ever in photos

Wed evening: Pad thai from my two thailandaise classmates. I had NO idea how easy it is to make once you have the sauce, which is apparantly very difficult to make and takes a looong time to ferment. Challenge accepted.

Wed evening: This night we went around the room mocking our bad professors, reminiscing about our good ones, and sharing our stories about falling in love. T now has a fan club.

Friday morning: Classes are officially over! So many hours of exams. I geeked out about this big lecture room. Something I didn't get much of as a student. After the DALF, I sat with my friends for an hour or so on the grass, taking advantage of our time together.

Friday evening: Soiree jazz to celebrate the end of classes. Fun! Saying goodbye to Ian, Andrew, and Lauren, not fun. But I know their energy and spirit will ensure they are on to great things.

Saturday afternoon: On the way to meet my friend J for ice cream on the chateau, we find an orchestra in the middle of the sidewalk.

Saturday evening: Finally finished all those goodbye presents for my professors and colleagues while watching some contest for Europe's best singer. All other countries had some beautiful girl doing more dancing and acting than singing. But I would vote for Russia. 6 old ladies in traditional Russian garb singing what looked like a folk song and messing up the words from time to time. I saw too much English and too many fireworks in that show, and those Russian grannies were really refreshing.

Sunday afternoon: BBQ chez maman Veronique! Hazy in the morning but the sun came out and it was gorgeous in the afternoon. Plus, I finally got to meet the family Whit has been raving to me about since I met her. And with good reason. Lovely from the inside out, every one of them.

Sunday evening: Double birthday party with the Barbes! These girls made me a crown (because I may have demanded a crown) that took my breath away. And I met the most adorable little ginger kitten that night. I also dropped some asparagus in my wine when I lost control of the tongs, but then drank the wine anyway. Class!

And Monday: Met a beautiful new baby who has been born to an amazing mom and dad and big sister, shared my chocolate chip cookie recipe with probably the most socially adept and intelligent 14-year-old boy I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and had cafe and pizza with some people who I am really going to miss.

No comments: