06 March, 2009

Today is International Women's Day

If you want, you can go look at the official website.

I was more interested in looking at this one. After an attempt by about.com to name the top 100 women in history, and a spread in glamour magazine, Feministe invites its readers to submit the names of who would be on their lists. The user responses are great, and I'm finding out about a lot of incredible women by wiki-ing the names in the comments.

Who's on my list? My three favorite woman poets.

Lucille Clifton, Marie Howe, and Sharon Olds.

To celebrate women's day, I'm going to a free showing of a feminist film here in Lisieux. Then I'm going to continue my newest poetry project - working title Confessions from the fourth grade - cause it has a hell of a lot to do with the women who have had an effect on my life, whether they knew it or not.

UPDATE: The day actually falls on March 8th. My bad.

1 comment:

Tapan :) said...

huh but for me is only u know who