14 February, 2012

some things i love, and how i celebrated/honored them on V-Day

1. My friends and family at home, so I sent 15 trans-atlantic Valentines to some of my cherished, and if I'd had moneybags there would have been many more.

2. My friends and family here, so I had a V-Day American-themed party on Friday, complete with all kinds of DIY Valentine's craft nonsense.

3. True Romance, so I fell asleep watching it last night.

4. Baking, so I made my famous yuppie brownie and put candy hearts on top.

5. My body, which I happened to upset with a street-crepe yesterday afternoon, so I cancelled my red-themed meal plan for the night and made seaweed soup instead. And then I woke up early for a run today. Feeling much, much better now.

6. The beauty of this city, so I walked to school instead of taking the bus. Past hotel de ville, two beautiful churches, and over William's castle.

7. Being a student, so I took very, very good notes yesterday!

8. T, so I spent all night yesterday Skyping him while we cooked and while we watched a cheesy 1980s Weird Al movie on YouTube. Even so far apart, we can spend my favorite holiday together. Life is good. <3

No comments: