17 February, 2009

my heart; or, partially-eaten cookie

Disclaimer: This blog entry is emo and may sound like something a high-schooler would write. I’m not ashamed, but I won’t be offended if you just skip it.

This is me on Valentine’s Day. I’m feeling pretty lonely, which is why I bought the heart-shaped cookie. I thought maybe I’d split it in half and send the other side to Tapan. But the woman at the bakery told me it would stay edible for a max of 5 days. I thought about the first time I sent Donna a package, and the 30-day shipping time, and decided against it. I want to see him when I get home, preferably not in a hospital bed sick with food poisoning.







So I went home and ate some of my cookie after dinner. When I was finished, my cookie looked like this. I think it looks exactly how my heart feels right now. You know, my Valentine-shaped heart, not the blood-pumping organ. My metaphor heart is still a heart. It still looks like a heart. It still does all the important heart-stuff. But it feels a little shriveled. I think the creature I like to call “five months away from everyone I love” got kinda peckish and nibbled away at the edges.

Miss you guys at home. <3

No comments: