06 January, 2009

Sick & Tired

Not in the sense of being frustrated with or fed up with anything. I just happen to be sick with a head cold and tired as an effect of said cold. So I've been lazy with the blogging. Mostly because I lack the motivation to walk to the library where I can use the internet. Oh, things would be so much easier if I had wifi in my studio.

But hey, I had an awesome New Year! The party in Laudeac (accent over the e, I think) was super fun, and I was very impressed with all the costumes:

I'm the one with the ridiculous amount of blond hair (thanks for the wig Karen!)

And I absolutely adore my Pollyanna present:

He's a petit bonhomme Breton (in traditional Brittany dress)

Other than the awesome New Year's weekend, I haven't been up to much. I started getting sick just after, thank god, and I think it will go away soon. On the bright side, I was able to explain to the pharmacist all of my problems with no trouble! That's progress.

Win of the week: It snowed yesterday! Everyone told me not to expect snow and that it's super-rare here, but I guess France wanted to impress me. Even Will Smith, who was on Le Petit Journal last night, said he was surprised to see the snow in Paris. I was happy to see M. Smith on the journal. Apparantly, he bought the rights to Bienvenue chez les ch'tis and he's going to make an American version. Which, you know, makes me pretty excited because I'm curious how they're going to translate it. Maybe something like Welcome to Texas?

In other news, the American movies that have been frequenting network television these past few days have been interesting. In two days, I had the pleasure of watching Avalanche, Poseidon's Revenge, and Showgirls. For me, this is fine. Because we all know how much I adore B-list movies. But I imagine that most people I know would be very disappointed.

Well, that's it today for my useless observations and rambling. I'm going to go have a nap and then I'm going to watch Amelie. Finally, a good one.

I leave you with this, a picture Tapan made for me. It seems he always knows what to do:

3 comments:

Tapan :) said...

i know what have you tested i was gonna blog about it hahahah

Anonymous said...

Feel better Ash. I went to a doc finally last week...if I could do it, anyone can.

does life seem less like farce in france, or does it just become french farce?

ash said...

yeah, it's totally farcical. especially the part where I eat my vegetables like a grownup.