07 April, 2008

waiting to hear from France

and my nerves are getting more strained with every day that passes. I thought I was going to find out about my acceptance (or non-acceptance) with the teaching program in France in March, but it turns out I have to wait until May. Professeur says that my chances are stellar, but I'm still super-nervous.

Anyway, my top choice was Nice, which is in South France on the border of Italy. The more I research the area the more I hope they station me there. I mean, anywhere in France will be great, but I'm hoping that this is my view for the six months I'm there.

OK, OK I'm probably being naive. It's not like I would be able to afford beachfront property and look at that picturesque view daily, but maybe I'll have something close :)

Enough about me and my dreams. I read in the news today that the Olympic relay in Paris was disrupted by protestors against the Chinese government. What would it be like to witness something like that? And if all this happened because of the torch relay, imagine the possibilities that could go down at the games themselves. It's gonna be quite an August.

No comments: