23 August, 2016

Back on the Horse

...and by horse, I mean bike.

T and I are now bike-having people, and so far we have done three consecutive morning rides.

I'm all in for an end-of-summer reset. But before I get into that, let's get one thing straight: since my last woe-is-me health post, I've had a reality check. I may still feel down from time to time about my lack of progress on the weight front, but I am no longer allowing myself to feel guilt. I know what to do to get healthy, and I can either do that, or not. I will, of course, try to live by one of my favorite mantras: It's not that I want it and can't have it; it's that I can have it and don't want it.

I expect I will go through some phases. For example, during this summer's vacation back in Caen, I was living in a cheese and chocolate fest. And for the last (almost) two years, I have been doing very little activity. This stemmed from a leg injury with a personal trainer and I caught anxiety about working out the leg again for an exaggerated time.

T and I are both looking forward to making healthy choices going into the 16-17 school year. No chips in the cupboard, less beer, and lots more exercise. Here's what we are doing so far:

-Weekly weigh-ins and measurements to keep an eye on our progress
-Daily bike rides around town
-Morning cardio in our (wait for it) newly renovated workout room!
-Smart meal planning - low sugar, low carb, plenty of produce, predominantly vegan
-Blog updates to keep us on-track.

Wish us luck. I feel very positive about this, especially because I have the best teammate in the world.

No comments: