01 June, 2008

yesterday was scary

I
when i drove to work, i had no idea that the sky had made plans to rain. so when i saw the solitary bolt of lightning in the open field behind the employee parking lot, i pretty much wanted to wet my pants.see, lightning doesn't usually scare me. but this time it did because i had no idea why it happened. it was still warm outside and there were barely any clouds in the sky, and it hadn't started raining yet. so the lightning took me by surprise. luckily, i got into work before it started to downpour. and oh, did it rain. it was darker outside at 3:30 in the afternoon than it was when i left at 8 pm.

i've been hating storms recently. because let's face it: your favorite thing in the world to do when a storm happens is to lay (i hope that's right - i could never get the diff between lay and lie without my hacker, and i don't feel like looking) in bed with someone special. and since i don't have that option these days, thunder, lightning, rain, clouds - basically anything that is reminiscent of a storm - makes me feel incredibly lonely.

realizations:

1. i was going to get soaked when i left because i forgot my umbrella in the car
2. i wasn't going to get soaked when i left because the rain had stopped by 8
3. i left my passenger side window open, and now my car is going to smell like ass-rain for three weeks.


II
I also was terrified last night because first, a balloon fell off my wall and made a noise and i thought it was a monster or a ghost, and then someone came into the house at 3 am when everyone was already home and asleep and i convinced myself that it was a robber and if i went to check he was going to shoot me with a gun. but it was just meg.

III
despite all of these fears, one really great thing happened yesterday. i had great conversation with a boy who likes me. and we are going on a date.

so all in all, yesterday was awesome.

No comments: